Downtown Cleveland Residents Association
- URBAN HIKE — MAY 4 April 30, 2013After that cold weather trek to the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood, where several dozen urban hikers learned more interesting facts about the neighborhood and architectural history from our guide, the inestimable Joseph Giuliano, a proud muckety-muck with the Detroit Shoreway Development Corporation, than any person has a right to know, your Urban Hike leader […]DCRA
- Urban Hike Feb 2012 January 31, 2013You are invited to join the Downtown Cleveland Residents’ Association on the first Urban Hike of 2013 on February 9, 2013. As has been out custom, we will meet at Starbucks Coffee Shop at 10 a.m. The trek will take us west to the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood. Leading the way will be DCRA Vice-President and Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization […]DCRA
- Hope for the City Series January 27, 2013Please mark your calendars for this year’s exciting Hope for the City Lenten leadership series at the Old Stone Church. 2013 marks Hope for the City’s 5th Anniversary and thanks to a special grant from the Goodrich Fund of the Old Stone Church, they are able to present Jeff Speck as our series opener. Further details can be found on Old Stone’s Website. Regi […]DCRA
- third federal breaks ground on trailside at morgana run project May 23, 2013Banks typically lend money to projects; developing them typically is left to homebuilders. Yet Third Federal, which started in a Slavic Village storefront 75 years ago, has taken the unusual step of assembling land and breaking ground on a huge community here. Construction is underway at Trailside at Morgana Run, a 95-home development that will feature affor […]www.freshwatercleveland.com
- done on a dime: creative reuse method aims to save neighborhoods May 23, 2013While public officials beat the drum for more money to raze vacant homes, others are saying, "Not so fast." Creative developers have crafted a way to renovate homes for as little money as it would take to demo them. The loft-like homes offer a taste of downtown, done on a dime.www.freshwatercleveland.com
- brain gain group, bar association link up for cleveland pep rally May 23, 2013The Brain Gain Cleveland Project (BGCP) has teamed up with the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association to stage a lunchtime pep rally for the city they love. The rally will be hosted by the legal organization and serve as its annual meeting, just with a far more diverse crowd than usual, says Debra Mayers Hollander, deputy director of scouting for BGCP. Holla […]www.freshwatercleveland.com
Cool ClevelandUnable to display feed at this time.
Crain’s Cleveland Business
- Dan Gilbert insists Horseshoe Casino Cleveland's Phase II will be built May 22, 2013'People are saying you're not going to build Phase II,' the casino co-owner said at the annual meeting of Positively Cleveland. 'That's nonsense.'
- Duke Realty offers five Rockside Road buildings for sale May 22, 2013The buildings on the market are part of a 17-building package that includes properties in Cincinnati and St. Louis.
- Photo gallery: An inside look at the Rock Hall's Rolling Stones exhibit May 22, 2013'Rolling Stones: 50 Years of Satisfaction' spans more than two floors of the museum and opens this Friday.
The Plain Dealer Business News
- A.M. Business Links: Hero gets free burgers for life; Gilbert insists casino Phase 2 will happen; Americans go carless May 23, 2013Your first look at the business world today.Martha Mueller Neff, The Plain Dealer
- 'Cleveland has a communication gap, not a product gap,' Positively Cleveland chief David Gilbert says May 22, 2013Positively Cleveland wants to make the city more appealing to visitors by first formally training residents to become civic boosters.Marcia Pledger, The Plain Dealer
- Bars swapped cheap booze for premium liquor, officials say May 22, 2013New Jersey officials have seized inventory and demanded records from 29 bars and restaurants, nearly half of them TGI Fridays, that they say sold low-quality liquor to patrons who thought they were buying premium brands.Associated Press business staff